Student FAQ Winter 2022

温尼伯大亚愽国际app下载学的将继续deliver the majority of courses remotely until the end of Winter Term, which runs until April 2022.

We are optimistically preparing for the return of in-person learning on campus for Spring term, which begins May 2022. We will continue to consult with students, faculty and staff — looking at options and planning for different scenarios — and will share more information in the months ahead.

Important note:Some courses and labs will remain in person if delivery in this mode is necessary. Students should check WebAdvisor about delivery modes, which will be updated when information is available.

How will my Winter 2022 online courses be delivered?

Most courses will be delivered online/remotely and a small number will be on campus. Keep checking for specific details in the meeting info/notes sections ofWebAdvisorcourse descriptions. In Student Planning, you can use the location field to filter for your desired delivery method. You can also check Nexus and email your instructor to find delivery methods. Information is being updated as quickly as possible. For more information on the different types of remote methods, review ourdefinitions of key terms.

Will labs be online or in-person?

UWinnipeg will deliver a small number of labs in person in winter term but most will be offered remotely.

Will I be able to access campus during the Winter 2022 Term?

校园课程的学生和那些需要access to an on-campus workstation to study will have access to campus. Please see theCampus Access Processfor direction.

Who must be vaccinated to come onto campus?

Vaccination is required on UWinnipeg's campus this fall.The vaccination mandateapplies to all UWinnipeg students, faculty members, and staff who attend campus for learning, studying, teaching, research, or work.

All UW Collegiate high school students must be fully vaccinated to attend campus.

Users of indoor recreation facilities must be fully vaccinated, as per newly announced requirements from Shared Health Manitoba.

I'm waitlisted for a course. How do I know if I get a spot?

When a spot becomes available in a course, the first person on the waitlist is sent an email to their UWinnipeg Webmail account notifying them that they have three days to claim the reserved seat by registering in the course. This process continues after classes have started so, if you are still on a waitlist for your preferred course section, you should continue to check your webmail account daily for permission to register off of the waitlist.

Professors will not be handing out permission slips anymore.

If a space becomes available during thecourse add/drop period, you will receive an email letting you know that you can register throughWebAdvisor. TheDrop Waitlistbutton will have changed to aRegisterbutton. Register immediately (or drop yourself from that waitlist usingManage My Waitlist).

Only students registered in a course onWebAdvisorwill have access to the course materials and/or (recorded) lectures on Nexus. Students waitlisted for a course will NOT have Nexus access to it.Nexusaccess will be given on the next business day after registering.

Being a waitlist for a course does not guarantee that you will be given permission to register. Students are only admitted from the waitlist if there is space available in the course before the end of the add/drop period.

For winter term, the last day to register in a regularly-scheduled winter term 2022 course is January 19, 2022. The waitlist will run for the last time on January 19, 2022 and students who receive permission on January 19, 2022 will only have that day to register.

Consider whether it is advisable to register in the course for which you have received permission. How far into the course is it? Do you have the time and ability to catch up? Did you miss any potential marks already?

How do I get a student card?

Returning students:Continue to use the student card you already have.

New students:Email a photo which meets The University of Winnipeg’sstudent card criteriatostudentcentral@uwinnipeg.cafrom your University webmail account. The email should include your full name and student number. Cards will be made using the photo you provide. Deadlines, designated pick-up times, and details can be found onStudent Central's website. Physical distancing protocols will be in place when you pick up your student card on campus.

Will there be a U-Pass this year?

TheUWSAhas determined that the UPass will not be in place for the fall or winter terms.

Winnipeg Transit sells a post-secondary four-month term pass and a monthly post-secondary pass. These can be loaded on to a post-secondary Peggo card.

UWSA is offering a transit subsidy/bursary to full-time students in need. Students canapply onlinefor the subsidy.

Contact theUWSAfor more information.

What supports are available if I am having difficulty with my own motivation and studying?

Student Services is offering information and supports remotely. Please contact us at:

What supports are available for graduate students?

Please refer to theCOVID-19 Graduate Student Supportspage for information about remote learning, thesis examinations, library pick-up services, post-graduate work permits, and more.

What do I do if I am feeling unwell? COVID-19 is causing me anxiety. Where do I turn?

The Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba (ADAM)has established an anxiety support line for anyone seeking support during this challenging time. You can call their support line at 204.925.0040. The line will be checked regularly between the hours of 9:00 am and 9:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on weekends. If you leave your name, phone number or email address, an ADAM representative will get in touch with you within a short period of time. Visittheir websitefor more information.

Manitobans also have access to a new digital therapy program,AbilitiCBT, to help with anxiety symptoms related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

AbilitiCBT是一个免费的在线数字治疗总结m available to Manitoba residents age 16 or older experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and depression due to the pandemic. It’s free, confidential and accessible at home on your computer, smartphone or tablet.

Campus Access to Services & Supports

Will in-person Student Services be available?

Student Services will return to working remotely at the start of the winter term. Services are being delivered over zoom, by email and by phone. Please contact services directly.

Will faculty members and department assistants be on working campus?

Faculty and Department Assistants are presently working remotely and will provide in-person services when it is safe to do so.

Will we have access to the Elders-in-Residence?

Our elderly populations are the most susceptible and at-risk for contracting the COVID-19 virus. ASSC has decided to postpone their return to campus until it is safe for Elders, students, and staff to return. Access to Elders will be available via remote appointment only until a gradual return to campus is possible. For more information or to book an appointment with an Elder, contact Jeff Booth atj.booth@uwinnipeg.caor 204-786-9818.

Will the ASSC Student Lounge be available?

The ASSC student lounge will not be available to students until we have completed our gradual return to campus. Further information to follow when available.

Will the ASSC still host cultural and social activities?

All cultural and social activities are postponed until further notice.

Will there be any arrangements made for students who do not have access to a computer or printer?

Yes. All registered students; including undergraduate, graduate, PACE, ELP and Collegiate students are eligible to book space at a computer work-station. Students will be allowed to book up to two sessions per week. This may change depending on demand for space. Please see ourOn-campus Learning FAQfor information about studying on campus.

While not endorsed by the University of Winnipeg,Computers for Schools Manitoba– a non-profit organization that provides free or low-cost refurbished desktop computers to post-secondary students – might be a helpful external resource.

Grades & Courses

What will happen with my degree progression if I need courses that can't be offered this year due to the current situation?

Courses are expected to be offered, some in person and some in alternate modes of delivery. Degree progression should not be significantly affected.

Will the University write me a support letter in cases where a course has been postponed or changed to online due to COVID?

Yes. Documentation confirming changes to course offerings and/or changes in delivery mode will be made available upon request.

When can I get a hard copy of my transcript?

The Student Records Office is continuing to issue official transcripts electronically within our standard processing time of five business days. In special cases and during busy periods, the time may be seven to 10 business days.

Students can request, at the time of ordering, an official printed transcript. Please allow two to four weeks for physical copies to be produced.